Leighton Buzzard Railway to reopen on Saturday 19th September
The Leighton Buzzard Railway is delighted to announce that after an enforced closure of six months, trains will recommence on Saturday 19th September. An enhanced service will operate on both that date and Sunday 20th September, with trains running on every Sunday up until 1st November as well as Saturdays 10th and 31st October, along with Tuesday and Wednesday 27th and 28th October for half term.
Extra measure have been put in place to ensure customer safety, including a reduction in the number of passengers per train to comply with social distancing advice.
- Encouraging all visitors to pre-book tickets online to allow us to manage numbers – walk-up tickets will be very limited due to the reduction in passenger capacity
- Adding partitions within carriages to create compartments. Only one family group or ‘bubble’ will be permitted per compartment
- Complying with government advice on the wearing of face masks on trains and enclosed areas
- Limiting entry into the enclosed booking office to one adult per group – other adults and accompanied children will be directed around the side of the building by volunteers
- Closing some areas, including the craft shop and enclosed museum display areas as well as the Engine Shed Show on most operating days
- Extra cleaning of the trains in between journeys
- Special arrangements in the Buzzrail Café to permit social distancing
The Railway’s Chairman, Terry Bendall said: ‘I would like to thank all our customers and supporters for their patience, as well as our volunteers who have worked hard to get us to the point where we are able to safely reopen. We look forward to once again welcoming passengers to the railway and look forward to another enjoyable, if shortened, running season.’
All planned special events at the railway for September, October and November have been cancelled. Santa will be still be visiting in December and an announcement about the Santa Specials will be made later in the autumn.
The Railway would once again like to thank all its customers and volunteers for their understanding during this unprecedented situation.
Full details of the railway’s operating days, the timetable, and the new measures and procedures can be found at http://www.buzzrail.uk.